Reason is the surprising (to many - of which I'm one) resolution to the Fiscal Cliff artificial "Theatre" we've all been fed like so many 1950's era stay-at-home housewives were fed daytime Soap Operas.....
Beyond this, I'm so cynical about where we are in the failed experiment known as "self-governance" in Civics class (they still have "Civics" classes?) that I'm unwilling or unable to take anything as Gospel (especially Gospel) anymore. So - I'm just posting Gartman's guesses on HOT commodities for 2013.
(Work with me here just a moment):
If Gartman's pronouncements were prepsared WITHOUT benefit of Nostradamus-like insights into the last minute machinations of our duly-elected "representatives", then they're quite possibly worthless.
On the other hand, I mention my cynicism not because I think it's "cool" nor because I'm proud of it... I do so because that cynicism forces me to suspect even with all the hand-wringing finally over, and hearty "Good Fellow, Well Met" slaps on all Washingtonian backs last night, I'll be very surprised indeed if ANY meaningful attempt has been mounted to address the long-term structual, Philosophical, organizational, human and even demographic weaknesses which have brought us to this point. So - (IMHO) nothing more significant than Max Factor's well-known genius has been applied to our beloved "Miss Piggy". And - where I come from, lipstick on a Pig can only raise escort fees a percent or two (less if it's before dark).
IF all this is even marginally true - Gartman's lack of Gypsy Fortune-Telling talent actually places his prognostications back on the right track again.
(WHEW!!)OK - I'm pooped from all this deep thinking. Here's Dennis Gartman.....

