Similarly to "responsible investing" - this can be suicidal when one's goal is accumulation of wealth or even trading success.
Once in the fabled "1%" you have my full permission to develop any fetish that catches your fancy (I'm partial to a mix of bird seed and cat food myself).
But you'll never get there if your preferences, beliefs or darkest desires color or blur your view from the git-go.
Fact is - I don't disagree with those of his views that I know.
Very few of us can truly afford the luxury (Bass, Hunt, Koch, Ludwig come to mind right now)...
Fact is D.K. Ludwig held the title just regained by Bill Gates when I worked for him back in the late 1970's. He had inherited for about a year with the demise of (first) J Paul Getty and then Howard Hughes. The story of how he lost the title while retaining his life is as fantastically interesting as it is unbelievable. Happens I have dozens of them - a few of which are actually true (this one's so "Outer Limits" weird I think you'd take it on face value).

